How does the Swedish health care system work?

Under the Swedish health law, healthcare is decentralized and is divided into three levels: national, regional and local. All residents, including foreigners, have access to publicly funded health services.

The role of the national government, ie the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, is to establish principles and guidelines and to determine the health and medical care plan under which regional and local administrations are directed. The ministry also oversees lower-level administrations and performs regular inspections to ensure that health care services are at the set level.

At the regional level, responsibility for funding and providing healthcare is decentralized to 21 county councils. County councils also regulate the prices and level of service offered by private service providers who are required to have a contract with the council. It is imperative for each county council to provide residents with quality health and medical care and promote a healthy life. As of 2019, county councils also cover dental care costs for residents under the age of 23, while the central government is responsible for subsidizing dental care for citizens over the age of 24.

At the local level, municipalities are responsible for maintaining the critical environment of citizens such as water supply and social services, as well as for the care of the elderly in their homes or special accommodation. Their duties also include the care of people with physical disabilities or mental disorders.

Swedish healthcare covers 7 departments: care in the immediate vicinity of the home (primary care clinics, maternity hospitals, outpatient psychiatric clinics, etc.), emergency care, elective care, inpatient care, outpatient care, specialist care, and dental care. Although coverage is widespread, patients pay small fees which are limited to a maximum of 1100 SEK a year (around 102 €). The resident of Sweden does not have to pay more than 300 SEK (28 €) for each visit to a doctor, whether it is a private doctor or a doctor at a local health center, and on average the state covers approximately 97% of the cost of all treatments.

Prescription drugs are not free, but user fees are limited to 2200 SEK (205 €) per year. Once the patient’s prescriptions reach this amount, the state covers all the additional costs for the rest of the year and the patient can obtain the required medication for free. The funding system is automated to recognize when a patient has reached the limit.

Waiting times for planned care, such as hip replacement surgeries, have been a cause of dissatisfaction among Swedes for a long time. To end this displeasure, Sweden introduced a health care guarantee in 2005 that required all patients to be in contact with the local health center on the same day they asked for medical help and could schedule a medical examination within seven days. After the initial examination, no patient should wait more than 90 days for specialist examination, and also no more than 90 days should pass for surgery or treatment after determining what medical attention is needed. If the waiting time is exceeded, patients are provided with care elsewhere, and all excess costs are paid by the competent county council.

The emergency aid is available to everyone by calling 112 or 1177, including tourists and residents who are not covered by health insurance. Emergencies are treated promptly, and once you recover you will need proof of your travel or international insurance. If you have visited Sweden temporarily, you can be treated at any of the public departments. If you are a visitor from an EU or EEA country, you can access your health insurance through your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Tourists from non-EU or EEA countries do not have the automatic right to free or reduced health care but need proof of insurance in their own country or comprehensive travel insurance.

You can find us on:
Facebook: @incordoo

Healthcare in Norway

You say the land of the fjords intrigues you.. then stay tuned!

If you are planning to stay in Norway for more than one year, you will need health care services. A National insurance scheme can cover part of the cost of the health care.

If your planned stay is less than one year, you must have a European Health Insurance Card to cover your medical expenses.

In Norway, all hospitals are funded by the public as part of the national budget. However, while medical treatment is free of charge for any person younger than the age of sixteen, residents who have reached adulthood must pay a deductible each year before becoming eligible for an exemption card. The card entitles one to free healthcare for the rest of that year.

All public hospitals in Norway are managed by four Regional Health Authorities (RHA) overseen by the Ministry of Health and Care Services. In addition to these public hospitals, there are a small number of privately owned health clinics currently operating. Norway has very high scores on various health performance rankings worldwide. Unique to the Norwegian healthcare system is that the state finances almost all of the patient’s costs. Patients with extremely high costs for severe and incurable illnesses receive a tax deduction.

Health expenditures are about $ 6,647 per head per year (2016), which is among the highest in the world. It has the highest share of nurses and midwives per capita in Europe – 1,744 per 100,000 residents in 2015. In 2017, 10.4% of the country’s GDP went to health spending. Norway has one of the lowest rates of private spending on health in the world, about 1% in 2010. The government prepares an annual health budget for next year, every year in December. This budget includes all costs within the health sector of Norway. Parliament only voted in some cases for additional funding later in the year, primarily for hospitals. In 2018, the government increased costs and resources for the health sector by 2% compared to last year, aiming to shorten waiting times and improve health services. Hospital care funding is allocated to regional health authorities after the budget for the coming year is adopted. They are responsible for distributing funding to hospitals and other health services at the local level.

Free health care is offered to sixteen-year-olds, younger, pregnant and lactating women, regardless of the coverage they have had in previous situations. All citizens are otherwise responsible for the annual deduction – which is around NOK 2040 (about $ 246.00). Nor does the Norwegian healthcare system cover specialized care for those over the age of 16 nor anyone who needs physiotherapy treatment.

Stay tuned to see how the health system works in Norway and what you can expect from it:

Once you are an official resident of the country and receive your social security number, you will be treated like anyone else in the health care system and you will be automatically assigned a local doctor and will receive the contact details of each GP by mail or email via Helfo. This can take up to 6 months, depending on availability, so if you need medical treatment in the meantime, you may be forced to find another GP who can admit you or refer you to a private clinic (which is more expensive but comes with a lot shorter waiting time for the appointment). Please note that to arrange an appointment with a specialist (gynecologist, dermatologist, etc.) you must first obtain a referral from your doctor. If you receive prescription medications, your GP will also renew and dispense these prescriptions.
If you are unhappy with the general practitioner assigned to you or want your doctor’s office a little closer to home, you have the option of changing your doctor twice a year and once more if you move to another city. This is done through Helfo, where you can find an overview of all GPs in your place of residence, along with information on how much space they have available and how long their waiting lists are.

If your GP refers you to a specialist, be prepared to wait. The healthcare system in Norway is quite effective if you need an ambulance, however, hospitals are usually crowded and specialists are quite busy, so if you are not a priority, you need to wait for your appointment. When receiving medical treatment, every citizen of Norway must pay his or her own part. For example, a consultation with a local doctor costs approx. 150NOK while a simple test (i.e. blood sample) costs about 50NOK extra. If you are being treated at a specialist and / or outpatient facility, you must pay an approx. 350NOK. The x-ray test costs approx. 250NOK. You pay the surcharge directly at your doctor’s office or you will receive an invoice if you receive outpatient care at a local hospital. If your medical expenses ( your total costs for counseling, testing, and prescription medication) exceed 2250NOK over one calendar year, you will receive an exemption card and no longer have to pay the additional payment or prescription medication by the end of the year. In order to receive the card (and a possible refund after exceeding the 2250NOK margin), you should keep your Helfo account updated with your bank account number. All medical expenses that are counted on the exemption card will be automatically registered in your Helfo account.

Please note that the cost of a visit to the dentist is not included in the exemption card and generally the patient must pay in full. Dental care in Norway is free only for children (0-18 years).

In terms of receiving emergency ambulance care, all immediate health care costs are covered. If hospitals in Norway cannot treat the patient, treatment abroad is organized free of charge.

You can buy over-the-counter medicines such as ibuprofen or paracetamol at your local grocery store or pharmacy and pay for them yourself. Whether or not you have to pay for prescription drugs depends on the type of prescription you received from your doctor. More serious and / or long-term health conditions often end with a “blue prescription,” meaning you will only have to pay a fraction of the total cost for the drug. Generally, you will pay until you receive an exemption card, but never more than 520NOK at a time, i.e. the patient pays 39% of the drug. Getting a “white prescription” means that you will have to pay for the drug in full, unless your annual medication costs are more than 1891NOK. As Norway usually submits all the documentation electronically, you will most likely receive an electronic prescription, which means that you do not need to visit your doctor to download the prescription. Depending on the type of medication your doctor prescribes, you may need to call or visit your doctor first whenever you need to re-issue this prescription and / or medication.

Finally, we have one fun fact about Norway.
Norway is one of the richest countries in the world and regularly tops the charts. It is an oil-rich country that regularly accumulates oil revenues and invests in stocks. This is very clever, because this way wealth is available to future generations. The value of this fund, in 2014, exceeded one million NOK per capita. We can conclude that this made every Norwegian a rich man.

You can contact us at:
Facebook: @incordoo

Emigration of foreign doctors in the United States

Landing a job in America is very complicated, especially for healthcare professionals. In the US, much is being held up to the evolution of the health care system and education, and all practitioners coming from foreign countries are required to undergo the process of further training and equalization of education with the US.

To gain a job in the US, you need to:
• Be fluent in English, so IELTS or TOEFL is required
• Equalize your diplomas of up to 5 years + passing required exams in English
• Request an employer to help you with obtaining a J1 or H-1B work visa, while permanent employment requires 5 years in the United States to be eligible for U.S. citizenship and passport

In order for a doctor who graduated outside of the United States to work in the business within the United States, they must undergo the certification process performed by the ECFMG. To receive ECFMG certification, a physician must pass the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE), which is mandatory for anyone wishing to practice medicine in the United States, whether they have completed their studies within or in an entirely different country.

The USMLE consists of 3 steps:

  1. Multiple-choice exam (a combination of different clinical scenarios that test subjects’ knowledge)
  2. Clinical Knowledge (CK) and Clinical Skills (CS) exams that test the understanding of clinical sciences and clinical skills which are considered essential to the care of patients under the supervision
  3. A multiple-choice exam that tests the knowledge and abilities of physicians to care for unsupervised patients, with an emphasis on the management of patients in outpatient surroundings

Once you pass the USMLE exams and receive ECFMG certification, you can apply for a job in the US. A large number of hospitals are ready to assist you with obtaining a J1 visa during the US specialization stage, which is mandatory because they do not have GPs.

The testing process and the oftentimes duplicate specialization process that these doctors must experience are intended to ensure that they meet the high-quality standards of this country, which the US medical industry says are incomparable to others in the world, although many foreign doctors and their advocates say the procedure is unnecessary and long-lasting. No matter how experienced and well-trained a doctor is, you have to go through the whole process before getting a license.

This process can be greatly facilitated and accelerated if you have 5 years of work experience in the UK or Ireland and have applied and obtained their citizenship. This skips the step of taking the language tests, leveling the diploma and the need to translate official documentation.
After that, you have to pass the USMLE exam and find a specialization through J1 visa during which you gain work experience in the USA, and after completing the specialization with the help of a letter of recommendation from a US doctor, the possibility for permanent employment in the USA is finally revealed for you.

If you are interested in more information or would like to advance to the US via Ireland and the UK route, feel free to contact us at:

Facebook: @incordoo

The easiest way of moving to the land of kangaroos

Are you thinking of getting a job and gaining new work experience in the land of kangaroos and koala bears?

We support you in this idea and we are here to help!

For starters, we want to introduce you to this beautiful land full of opportunities and sights.
Australia is in high demand for healthcare professionals. The doctor-patient ratio is not ideal, the number of doctors is in deficit. That’s why doctors in Australia have good salaries, moreover, the highest-paying job is a job in the medical field.

Let’s get to the point, do you know what are the requirements to get a job in Australia?
The first requirement is your knowledge of English. It is important to demonstrate a competent level of language knowledge, so you must pass one of the two tests, IELTS or OET. After you pass this barrier, you will need to confirm your title as a medical doctor. There are two ways to do this, on your own or with our help.
The competent authority for the evaluation and validation of medical studies is the AMC (Australian Medical Council). Their purpose is to ensure that the standards of education, training, and evaluation of the medical professions are appropriate to protect the health of the Australian community. First, you will need to submit the necessary documentation to evaluate your case.

The necessary documentation is:
• Your original title of human medicine.
• Translation of your sworn title.
• English title IELTS or OET.

Once the documentation is submitted, AMC will evaluate your case. There are two options; that you are not equivalent or that you are partially equivalent. If your case is another, you will be a little closer to being able to register as a doctor in Australia.
So, the next step will be to perform a theoretical and practical exam. The theoretical test can be done inside or outside of Australia and costs AUD 2,350. The Practical Exam can only be done in Australia and costs AUD 3,120.

In Australia, you are almost registered as a doctor. There are now two ways to register and this way you can work as a doctor in Australia.
If you are a specialist surgeon, you will most likely have to complete your training in addition to doing 12 months of supervised practices and then be able to work on your own. And the other option, if you are a general practitioner, you can first access a “limited” membership and work as a doctor in Australia in the area called “area of need”. Usually, these are areas where physicians are especially in demand, areas where there are few doctors, such as rural areas.

Australia is a very attractive destination and offers a high standard of living thanks to the combination of a stable economy and thee way of life. Unemployment is very low, but competition for positions is high. For this reason, it is not easy to get Australian work visas. There are more subclasses of work visas, which we will tell you more about below.

There are several types of work visas, which are:
• Short-Term,
• Medium-Term,
• Labor Agreement.

Keep in mind that with a standard working holiday visa, you are only allowed to work for a maximum of six months at a time with one employer. Before you start working you should set up a bank account and apply for a tax file number– doing this before you arrive can save you a lot of hassle later, making it easier to start working immediately.

You can contact us at:
Facebook: @incordoo

Instructions for joining the NMC register in the United Kingdom

The new blog brings you information on how you can join the NMC Register and get started on the world’s most famous island, whether you have completed your education within the EU/EEA or outside of it.

The NMC is the regulatory body for all nurses and midwives requesting to work in the United Kingdom.

To be eligible for registration, regardless of which group you belong to, you must pass an English language test (unless you have worked for one year in the country where English is native). NMC recognizes IELTS and OET language tests and requires a minimum overall grade of 7 for IELTS (requires at least 6.5 for writing and 7 for reading, listening and speaking), while for OET minimal accepted grade for all categories (writing, reading, listening and speaking) is B.

If you have completed your education and work outside the EU / EEA but have EU citizenship

You need to contact the NMC directly, since the process itself is extremely complex and unique to any combination. You can find the contacts at the link.

If you have completed your education and work in an EU / EEA environment

You start the application process through the official site.

Once you have signed up, you get your Personal Reference Number (PRN), which indicates specifically your application and is used in the process for easier and secure identification.

The next step, if you have not already done so, is to apply for a European Professional Card (EPC), which you can request via the link.
Once you have received the EPC, you need to contact to assess whether your qualification meets the requirements for automatic recognition and whether you qualify for recognition. If your qualifications do not meet the registration requirements, the NMC will refer you to additional programs or tests that must be passed to practise nursing and midwifery in the UK.

If you have completed your education and work outside the EU / EEA environment

Before beginning the registration process, all applicants must complete an online self-assessment of their qualifications, which assesses the eligibility of the registration.

Every professional nursing field, including adolescent (general), infant, midwifery, and others, is tested by a competency test.

The first part of the test covers multiple-choice questions called CBT, and the second part is a practical exam called the OSCE (Observed Structured Clinical Examination).

Aptitude test
In the United Kingdom, there are five areas of nursing and midwifery that are separated.

  • Adult (general) nursing
  • Children’s nursing
  • Learning disabilities nursing
  • Mental health nursing
  • Midwifery

Each of these areas requires three years of specialist education and practice to register at all. The competency test itself requires the extensive preparation required to ensure that you can work at the required level, and the test questions and implementation are up to the standards and competencies of all UK nurses, technicians and midwives. To be able to work for example in the care of children, it is necessary to pass a test that is focused solely on that branch of nursing. All nurses and technicians are expected to be able to care for people throughout their lifespan and respond to a range of needs. For example, a child nurse should also be able to respond to the needs of pregnant and postnatal women and people with learning disabilities.

he first part of the Aptitude Test (CBT) is a computer-based test of theoretical knowledge based on practice. The testing format will be multiple-choice and can be taken at testing centres around the world. Applicants will need to contact Pearson VUE, a specialist test provider, to book their placement and pay for the test. For more information on how to do the same, see the link.

It may not take more than two years from the CBT test to complete the registration process. Otherwise, the CBT test will have to be repeated.

The second part of the test, OSCE, is observed structured clinical examination. In this part of the test, there are various fictional scenarios that nurses and midwives will encounter in the workplace and will be evaluated by a panel of examiners. The exam is divided into 6 different “stations” that the candidate will meet separately, and each station has standardized evaluation criteria according to which all candidates are evaluated.

OSCE is taken at one of the following colleges and, after NMC approves you for it, you need to contact them directly and arrange the test.

While starting the OSCE test, you will need to bring the original documentation you previously provided in the electronic form to verify your identity.

You can contact us at:
Facebook: @incordoo

Healthcare in Denmark

The European Commission has adopted a Recommendation on a European Electronic Health Record exchange format. The Recommendation supports the digital transformation of health and care in the EU by seeking to unlock the flow of health data across borders.

Take for example Iva Horvat, a Croatian, who decided to move to Denmark and work as a health professional. She regularly examines expat patients. When Xavier, a Spanish man, complains of high blood pressure, she can easily access his Electronic Health Record and check what medications he used in the past, whether he has certain allergies or intolerances. That way, Iva saves time because all the information is already available to her and she can make a new diagnosis faster and easier and start treatment.

Did you know that Danes spend 10% of their GDP on health?

They are also the nation who is most satisfied with their health. Unlike Croatia, which is a strictly centralized community, the Danes have decided to decentralize their healthcare, which means that most decisions are left to regional and municipal authorities. Because of this, hospitals are funded by local taxes. Citizens allocate 8% from the income tax for health care. What does this percentage cover? All primary and specialist services. There are 60 public hospitals. There are two hospital beds in one hospital room, which is still not acceptable to Danes. They are constantly investing in healthcare infrastructure and patients’ rights. By 2020, 16 new large hospitals will be built, with more than five billion euros to invest.

Let’s look at another example through which we can show you the optimality of their healthcare.
Astrid injured her knee and is on the waiting list, and was told at the hospital that it would take two months to get the diagnosis. This is an unacceptable and long period of time. Astrid has the right to go to a private doctor, where within a month she has to get a diagnosis, and the cost of seeking a private treatment is paid immediately by the state. This process by which they run healthcare, reduces waiting lists. Astrid can also view her electronic file at any time, with a password that protects the confidentiality of the information. It is an online project that was established in 2004, with a budget of € 8 million. This concept saves up to 50 minutes for each healthcare professional per day.

The Danes are one of the most computer literate nations in Europe. Imagine a society where 80% of the population uses technology daily and 90% of households have an Internet connection. For this reason, 98% of laboratory tests are in electronic form, as is 89% of all prescription. Almost every doctor otherwise communicates by mail and must reply to you within 24 hours. If you prefer calls, you can call him every morning between 8am and 9am, but it’s difficult to get one because he’s probably talking to a patient. Another alternative is to make a call to a nurse between 9am and 1pm and arrange an appointment, which you will probably receive the next day. Another benefit is that Danes can choose their doctor within 10 kilometers of their place of residence and can change it every 6 months.

If you are a nordic citizen, you need to show a valid ID to receive free healthcare in Denmark, but you can also provide a valid EHIC.
Third-country nationals may use their EHIC in Denmark only under one of the following conditions:
• if they are co-insured family members of an EU citizen insured in Denmark
• if they have a residence in Finland, Iceland, Norway or Sweden
• if stateless persons are in accordance with Article 1 of the UN Convention of 1954 on the Status of Stateless Persons, or
• if the refugees comply with Article 1 of the 1951 UN Convention on the Status of Refugees.

Treatment in Denmark provided by GP covered by a contract with the public heatlh care is free of charge. If you require specialist treatment, a referral from a GP is required.

If you need to visit a dentist, the fee will be less expensive if you visit a dentist who is covered by a contract with the public health care. For certain preventative treatments and restorations you get a cost recovery of up to 40%. There are no cost reimbursements for dentures, crowns, etc.

In serious acute situations: Call 112. In case of other emergencies that happened within the last 24 hours you can contact the casualty ward in a public hospital. In some of the five regions you need to arrange for the consultation beforehand. In non-acute cases you need a referral from a GP. Treatment is free of charge if you are under 18 or if you show a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).

You can pick up your prescription drug at any pharmacy. Note the special card with the unique number you will get when you first buy a prescription medicine in Denmark. Present this card each time you buy so that a chargeback can be calculated. The cost reimbursement depends on the amount of medication you raise annually. In case the value of the annual consumption of medicines is below the established minimum amount (for 2019 this amount is DKK 980 / year), you will not receive a refund.

If you have to pay the full cost of the treatment, you can claim a refund from the municipal public health institute in which you are located. They will refund you or explain how to claim a refund. The originals of the invoices, receipts and instructions must be presented. Provide a European Health Insurance Card and provide your bank account details (IBAN and SWIFT / BIC). If you were unable to apply during your stay in Denmark, you can contact your national health insurance provider upon your return to your country.

If you know you will need hospital treatment during your stay in Denmark, you must arrange the treatment with the relevant local public hospital in Denmark well in advance of your arrival in Denmark. Treatment at private providers is covered only if a referral is given from a public hospital. Please note that public hospitals may refuse to provide treatment due to capacity issues. Contact the hospital for additional questions about transportation costs.

What is an EHIC?
It is a free card that allows you in the EU Member States to use the health services that are medically necessary. To get an EHIC, submit an application through the HZZO web portal – or in person at the competent regional office or at the HZZO regional office and within 8 days of submitting your request you will be able to personally pick up the EHIC.
EHIC is not an alternative to travel insurance.

You can contact us at:
Facebook: @incordoo

Instructions for registering with the Nurses and Midwives Chamber in Ireland

Today’s blog gives you instructions on how a nurse or nurse technician can apply to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI). Once you have registered and obtained a license to work in your field in Ireland, the NMBI is the competent authority that provides guidance and new information that are relevant to your work.

Only when you receive a decision letter and confirmation that you can practice as a nurse or technician in Ireland can we communicate with hospitals and clinics about your employment opportunities and arrange video interviews for you. In order to get to this step, we first need to determine which signup group with NMBI you belong to.

1st Group: Acquired rights
In accordance with EU Directive 2005/36 / EC, as a nurse, technician or midwife who started education in Croatia after July 1, 2013, you probably have all the necessary rights to join the registry at the beginning. Find the dates for the automatic recognition of vested rights in other EU / EEA Member States at the link.

2nd Group: Educational assessment required
If you have completed your education in an EU / EEA Member State before the date specified for the country, your education will be compared to the general standard set out in the EU directive, as well as the current standards set by the NMBI for divisions in Ireland.

3rd Group: Education outside the EU / EEA
If you have completed education outside the EU / EEA, you must meet the following requirements to be licensed:

1. You have a current registration or license without restriction with a competent authority in the country where you were educated or practised
2. If more than five years have elapsed since the completion of the nursing/midwifery education program before the date of registration, at least 12 months of work experience in the interim
3. Fulfilment of English language proficiency
4. You have completed additional courses enabling you to register as a Level One Nurse and have one of the following qualifications: Certified Nurse, State Nurse, Assistant Nurse, and Associate’s Degree (USA)
5. Language recognition: If English is not your native language or you have not completed your education / have no work experience in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States or the United Kingdom, you must demonstrate proficiency in IELTS or OET academic tests. The minimum results to be achieved in the IELTS test are 6.5 for listening and reading and 7.0 for writing, speaking and overall success. In the OET test, NMBI requires knowledge of the C + level for reading and writing and B for writing and speaking. It is important to note that the results of the test must not be older than 2 years old, and in the first step of the application process, the IELTS Academic Test Report Form (TRF) number, or OET candidate number, must be provided.

Step 1:
Fill out the form provided on the link containing information such as personal information, the division you are registering for, the TRF / OET number (valid only for candidates in Group 3), payment details and similar. In order to acknowledge your identification, a certified photocopy of your passport (a photocopy of the page containing the photograph, signature, passport number with expiry date and other personal information) is required. If you do not have a valid passport, you must attach a certified copy of your ID or birth certificate. All documents that are not written in English should be officially translated and the translator must confirm in English that this is a correct translation of the document.

Step 2:
When NMBI processes your application, that is, the completed application form and costs, it will send you an “Overseas Registration Application Pack”, or a brochure with instructions specifically designed for you and containing the unique Application Reference Number, or reference number of your application, as well as the security code required to set up your personal account. The brochure also provides instructions on how to create an account through which you can track the progress of the registration process and more easily identify what documents you still need to pass.

Step 3:
The forms and documents of the competent authorities certifying that you are:
• Have completed training for a nurse/technician or midwife
• You have an active license
• Pre-registered with the competent chamber
• Worked in the profession in the home country of registration
Groups 1 and 2 should forward a Verification (CCPS) which clearly states which EU directives your education meets. This document is provided by the authority where you are registered. Group 3 sends this document to the competent authority for completion and further submits the form to the Irish Chamber.
Groups 2 and 3 should provide a document confirming the timeframes of the theoretical and practical part of the training that you have undergone and a description of the overall training process or programs that you have undergone. These groups also need references from employers (more specifically, superiors) from the departments you have worked with for the past 12 months. The documentation should also be in English.

Step 4:
n this step, the NMBI verifies the documentation received, compares it with the health standards in the EU / EEA, as well as in Ireland, and also has rights to verify the check the authenticity of the documentation with the authorities and supervisors.

Step 5:
The final decision has arrived. NMBI will send you a decision letter detailing one of the 4 possible outcomes of your application:

1. Possibility of registration
If you meet all the requirements, NMBI will send you a letter requesting payment of the registration fee. You receive a certificate that you are registered with the NMBI 7 to 10 days after payment, and the certificate contains your registration information, code and division. You should always keep the original document.
2. Additional information is required
NMBI will explain to you in detail what documents or information are required in order to be able to register.
3. Request for a period of adaptation or taking additional tests prior to registration
Depending on your educational background, NMBI may require that you spend some time under supervision in an institution in Ireland and the process may take 6 to 12 weeks. From the date of receipt of the decision letter, you have 12 months during which it is necessary to find a position in a licensed institution (NMBI also sends you a list of accepted institutions). During this time, you are instructed on how to register as a candidate for registration and receive a certificate for a candidate.
4. Refusal of registration
If your request is unfortunately denied, NMBI will give you a detailed explanation of the reasons for the rejection, as well as certain deficits that they consider to be key to your registration process.

We hope that these guidelines have helped you and that you have been encouraged to register in the Register of Nurses, Technicians and Midwives in Ireland. We wish you good luck and will be happy to assist you if you require further information 🙂

Contact us:
Facebook: @incordoo