The decision to move to a new setting is not easy at all, so it is always good to explore what awaits you when you plan to make a new […]See more
Why and how do doctors move to Ireland?
17. June 2019.
We offer you assistance in looking for a better life, job and working conditions.
Why is it good to work in Ireland?
• Very friendly country,
• Work and effort are always rewarded,
• You can progress,
• Well-paid jobs (Irish salaries for specialist doctors are the highest in Europe),
• High standards,
• Ireland’s purchasing power is considerably higher than in Croatia
What do you need to get a license to work in Ireland? (we mentor you through the whole process)
• Relevant Application Form
• Application Fee
• Notarised attested copy of passport
• Notarised copy of basic (primary) medical degree
• Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training/or Certificate of acquired Rights in accordance with Directive 2005/36/EC accompanied by an attestation from the relevant competent authority
• Certificate of Current Professional Status/Certificate of Good Standing or sworn declaration of unregistered practice or absence from clinical practice (as applicable)
• Evidence of Effective Communication Skills
o Satisfactory score on IELTS (7,0 points), or completion of training in English-speaking country, OET grade B
• Professional indemnity cover (this is provided in public employment roles, however Doctors in private practice/locums are required to put in place minimum indemnity cover)
• Other documentation may be required appropriate to the applicant’s circumstances
What is a PPS number?
PPS number is an Irish version of personal identification number. PPS can only be obtained after you arrive in Ireland, so you can not ask for it before you move. Without PPS number you can’t opet a bank account. PPS serves to track all your tax liabilities. Without a PPS number, employer will not be able to sign a contract with you or pay you a salary.
What is needed to get a PPS number?
• ID card od passport
• Address and certificate in housing
Where can you get a PPS number?
To find local PPS offices, please visit http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Personal-Public-Service-Number-Registration-Centres-by-Count.aspx
We take you through the whole process of licensing and finding a job, for free, because we are hired by the hospital to find/hire you.
The process looks like this:
• Submit your CV
• Visit to the city and work place (the whole family can come)
• Possibilities of employment for a spouse
• Finding kindergartens / schools for children
• Getting a license for work and other documents
• As well as solving all the other issues that arise in the process of settling
If this is intriguing to you, send us your CV via email so we can invite you to an informal conversation via Skype or phone.
You can contact us at:
Read more reviews of Zrinka’s Swedish school here. If you are already familiar with Zrinka’s Swedish school (if you haven’t, now is your chance) and still not sure what the […]See more
At this link, you can read previous reviews of Swedish language course participants at Zrinka’s Swedish school. As Swedish is one of the foreign languages that we do not encounter […]See more