Medical Specialist Training in Sweden looks quite different today than it did a few years ago. In this article, we will briefly present the main changes you should be aware […]See more
Why and how do doctors move to Ireland?
17. June 2019.
We offer you assistance in looking for a better life, job and working conditions.
Why is it good to work in Ireland?
• Very friendly country,
• Work and effort are always rewarded,
• You can progress,
• Well-paid jobs (Irish salaries for specialist doctors are the highest in Europe),
• High standards,
• Ireland’s purchasing power is considerably higher than in Croatia
What do you need to get a license to work in Ireland? (we mentor you through the whole process)
• Relevant Application Form
• Application Fee
• Notarised attested copy of passport
• Notarised copy of basic (primary) medical degree
• Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training/or Certificate of acquired Rights in accordance with Directive 2005/36/EC accompanied by an attestation from the relevant competent authority
• Certificate of Current Professional Status/Certificate of Good Standing or sworn declaration of unregistered practice or absence from clinical practice (as applicable)
• Evidence of Effective Communication Skills
o Satisfactory score on IELTS (7,0 points), or completion of training in English-speaking country, OET grade B
• Professional indemnity cover (this is provided in public employment roles, however Doctors in private practice/locums are required to put in place minimum indemnity cover)
• Other documentation may be required appropriate to the applicant’s circumstances
What is a PPS number?
PPS number is an Irish version of personal identification number. PPS can only be obtained after you arrive in Ireland, so you can not ask for it before you move. Without PPS number you can’t opet a bank account. PPS serves to track all your tax liabilities. Without a PPS number, employer will not be able to sign a contract with you or pay you a salary.
What is needed to get a PPS number?
• ID card od passport
• Address and certificate in housing
Where can you get a PPS number?
To find local PPS offices, please visit http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Personal-Public-Service-Number-Registration-Centres-by-Count.aspx
We take you through the whole process of licensing and finding a job, for free, because we are hired by the hospital to find/hire you.
The process looks like this:
• Submit your CV
• Visit to the city and work place (the whole family can come)
• Possibilities of employment for a spouse
• Finding kindergartens / schools for children
• Getting a license for work and other documents
• As well as solving all the other issues that arise in the process of settling
If this is intriguing to you, send us your CV via email so we can invite you to an informal conversation via Skype or phone.
You can contact us at:
On January 28, the Croatian Physician Association (HSL) announced that it is starting “intensive preparations for union actions,” including a potential strike. The reason for this, as stated in the press […]See more
Željko and Tatjana Despotović are radiological engineers. They recently moved to Karlstad, Sweden’s 20th biggest city and the capital of Värmland County. Here’s what they say about life and work […]See more