Vacancies in the German-speaking countries during April and May 2022.
13. April 2022.
Although the same language is necessary to apply for job openings throughout Germany, Switzerland and Austria, the job application processes are very different. We go over the requirements that must be met for each country, as well as the benefits for each of these countries, with all of the doctors who are seriously considering relocating to a German-speaking country.
The great news is that all three countries are looking for both medical specialists and medical residents. Therefore, if you want to start or continue your specialization in Germany, Switzerland or Austria and you are at the B2-C1 level in German, you can now apply through this questionnaire.
We have compiled a list of the most sought-after specialisations for doctors in Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. We also manage open applications for doctors with active work licences in addition to applications for active competitions in these countries.
– For the Hessen region, Germany – you can take the TELC FSP in Croatia as well
– Approbation in one German region is valid later for all the other regions
– As of January 2022, there are no more work permits in Switzerland for Croatian citizens and even doctors who are not specialists can find work
– In Germany time done on specializations is counted and if related added to the time of specialization if a person is changing their specialization, specializations can be changed for another specialization until the 3rd year of specialization
– Germany and Switzerland – B2, Austria – C1
– there is no FSP exam (medical German) in Switzerland
Germany is looking for specialists in the following fields:
The most sought-after positions in Switzerland are for specialists of:
- family medicine
Austria is looking for specialists in:
What can I expect when applying for Germany, Switzerland, or Austria?
- throughout the process, we collaborate with a colleague who is a native German speaker
- we will assist you and instruct how to obtain a medical license the fastest way
- conversation and evaluation of your German knowledge
- we point out the current situation with jobs in your specialization and, by agreement, we focus on the country that suits you best
- we actively reach out to hospitals and introduce your profile to them
- we help negotiate with hospitals
- we assist in moving and finding accommodation
The German-speaking recruitment process differs in that doctors are required to have a high B2 level of language proficiency (in the case of Austria C1), and it is also important to start the licensing process to have success in applying for the competition. Because the options are different for each individual, we go through the details and instructions in a direct conversation with you as we also provide support in every step of the application.
To find out all the details about the application and what steps need to be taken to move to Germany, Austria, and Switzerland and start your position as a specialist doctor, please contact us via the contact form below or at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to discuss options best for you.