Competitions for medical specialists in the UK and Ireland during the summer of 2022.
20. June 2022.
Specialist doctor positions are available in the UK and Ireland in June, July, and August 2022.
Employers, as is customary in the English-speaking countries in Europe, require all doctors who apply for job competitions to have a doctor’s licence. This is an important step in the process, and hospitals will not consider candidates who are not licenced in the country where you are applying. How to get a licence in the UK can be found here, and how to get a licence in Ireland can be found here. These two countries also offer the option of part-time work (locum positions), about which more information can be provided individually.
!! All doctors who have an active IMC or GMC license can expect that we will find the job they want within a month!
Ireland and the United Kingdom are looking for specialists in:
- general internal medicine
- emergency medicine
- for medical doctors without specialization or at their specialization (SHO and Registrar positions)
What does the application process for Ireland look like?
- the first step prior to going to Ireland is the previously mentioned process of obtaining a medical license in Ireland (IMC). As soon as you start the process of obtaining a license, make a payment to the Medical Chamber and obtain the registration number of a future license, we can only then start applying for jobs in Ireland
- a description of the procedure for obtaining an IMC license in Ireland can be read here
- while we apply for jobs and arrange interviews according to your preferences, we are also waiting for your license to be ready
- the process of obtaining a license in Ireland takes between 3 to 5 months
- once you get a job that suits your preferences the employer expects you to a new job within 2 months of getting the job (another reason why it is very important for Irish people to start the process of obtaining a license first)
- after that we help you with paperwork in the form of personal documents, applications to the tax administration, finding accommodation, etc.
What does the application process for the United Kingdom look like?
- you must first obtain a license in the United Kingdom (GMC) and only when you have a license ready can you apply for jobs
- to obtain a license in the UK after Brexit, you need to submit more documents than, for example, in Ireland and other EU countries, you also need to provide proof of passing the IELTS English language test, in which you must be rated 7.5 points or more in each section
- for some specializations, a couple of additional exams are required, which is decided by the British Medical Chamber
- obtaining a license after Brexit takes between 6 and 8 months
- a description of the procedure for obtaining a GMC license in the United Kingdom can be read here
- we apply for job vacancies according to your preferences only after obtaining a GMC license
- once you get a job that suits your preferences the employer expects you to a new job within 2 months of when you got the job
- we then help you with paperwork in the form of personal documents, applications to the tax administration, finding accommodation, etc.
To inquire about the possibilities of relocating to Ireland or another country in Europe that we are working in, contact us at email@example.com or via the contact form below.